Enterprise Library support for Compact Framework

Topics: Development Team Discussion, User Discussion
May 22, 2007 at 5:46 AM
Is EnterPrise Library 3.0 ( April 2007 release ) is supported in Compact Framework. If not, any plans for future support. Because log4net do have support for Pocket PC. But Enterprise Library Logging application block is much more structured and easy to use. So I do want to choose between EnterPrise Library Logging application block vs log4net. If Microsoft P&P team have any plans for Compact Framework support, then I would prefer using EnterPrise Library.
May 29, 2007 at 3:25 PM
Hi - within the contrib community I am not aware of plans to support parts of Enterprise Library on the Compact Framework. I could well help you if you'd like to develop such functionality and have it merged into the communities sourcecode/releases.

Alternatively you could request this functionality for the next Enterprise Library release at: www.codeplex.com/entlib.

May 30, 2007 at 2:35 PM
Thanks OlafConjin for your response.

I would request for it in the next enterprise Library release.

I will try developing such functionlity on my own and if anything clicks, will be happy to upload in this community
May 30, 2007 at 11:26 PM
Cool - let me know whether you need help, once giving a shot at it yourself.

To me, but i know more about Enterprise Library then about the CF, it seems quite a chunk of work. Though could always look into helping you out in the EL side of things :-)