ObjectValidator Problem In Validator Config File

Topics: Development Team Discussion, User Discussion
Jun 12, 2007 at 8:04 AM
Hi

I am trying to use ObjectValidator to test Microsoft Quickstarts Validator Customer-Address Sample, somehow, I could not get ObjectValidator Work. The class Customer contains a property of class Address, I am trying to use ObjectValidator to validate Address. I used exactly the same validator config file shown in the sample, but ObjectValidator didn't return any result even though it supposed to return some errors. Any Idea? or any Trick?

Thanks for help
Jun 16, 2007 at 1:11 AM
Edited Jun 16, 2007 at 1:12 AM
I think this topic is best off in the regular entlib community over at: www.codeplex.com/entlib
Jun 16, 2007 at 1:24 AM
why is that? This is known bug in Entlib. ObjectValidator only works in the direct selected source file, will not work by explicitly loaded or external files.
Jun 16, 2007 at 1:57 AM
Apologies - I might have responded too quickly (every once in a while someone mistakes this codeplex site for the other :-))

If the issue you describe is http://www.codeplex.com/entlib/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=10283, yes we have got a Validator in our sourcetree that solves that problem. It's called the "ExternallyConfigurableObjectValidator". It basically allows you to have an "ObjectValidator" and specify which configurationfile+ruleset should be used to validate the object.

If the problem is different, could you elaborate a bit - maybe even post some source & configuration?
I am not aware of any other issues with the ObjectValidator.

Thanks