Source tree reorganisation

Topics: Development Team Discussion
Jul 29, 2007 at 10:45 AM
Hi everyone -

I checked in a new extension for Exception Handling this weekend, and I thought that this would also be a good time to clean up the source tree hierarchy. The previous structure resulted in very long paths, so much so that it's impossible to check out the code under anything but the shortest base paths. To try to improve matters, I did the following:
  1. Got rid of intermediate folders, so src\Data\EnterpriseLibraryContrib.Data\Blah.cs is now src\Data\Blah.cs
  2. Renamed all project and assembly names from EnterpriseLibraryContrib to EntLibContrib. Note that I did not modify the namespaces from EnterpriseLibraryContrib, although there is an argument for doing this for consistency.
I did my best to make sure I didn't break anything, but I suggest that all developers double-check the latest version to make sure it still works (especially if you're test coverage isn't great!)