ReleaseAllResources()

Topics: User Discussion
May 21, 2010 at 6:39 PM

Hello,

I'm using the Resource block with the database adapter.  I've done an update to the database, and when I go to obtain new resources, I'm getting the old, pre-update values. 

I assume that this is because the resourcing system is caching them internally, so I tried calling ResourceManager.ReleaseAllResources().  However, this results in a null-pointer exception being thrown from System.Resources.ResourceManager. 

Any suggestions on how to rectify the sitaution?

Mike

Coordinator
Jun 8, 2010 at 3:28 PM
Hi Mike,

Sorry for the delay in replying. I found the bug, fixed it and have published the fix as source code on the CodePlex site. I am sorry for this, I hope you will be able to get the fix up and running soon. If you need a signed .DLL signature instead then just let me know and I will send you one.

Cheers...

Stephen Phillips
http://sp.ewdev.com

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 21 May 2010 19:40
To: Stephen J. Phillips
Subject: ReleaseAllResources() [entlibcontrib:213454]

Hello,

I'm using the Resource block with the database adapter. I've done an update to the database, and when I go to obtain new resources, I'm getting the old, pre-update values.

I assume that this is because the resourcing system is caching them internally, so I tried calling ResourceManager.ReleaseAllResources(). However, this results in a null-pointer exception being thrown from System.Resources.ResourceManager.

Mike

Read the full discussion online <http://entlibcontrib.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=213454&ANCHOR#Post445969> .

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email ([email removed] <mailto:[email removed]?subject=[entlibcontrib:213454]> )

To start a new discussion for this project, email [email removed]

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings <https://entlibcontrib.codeplex.com/subscriptions/thread/project/edit> on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 9.0.819 / Virus Database: 271.1.1/2887 - Release Date: 05/21/10 07:26:00

This message is intended only for the use of the Addressee and may contain information that is PRIVILEGED and CONFIDENTIAL. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please erase all copies of the message and its attachments and notify us immediately. Whilst attachments are checked, neither the sender nor e-World Developments Ltd accept any liability in respect of any virus that has not been detected.
Jun 8, 2010 at 4:00 PM

Stephen,

Thanks for the reply.  I’d love a signed DLL if you have a chance, if not, I can wait. 

The issue came up as we were spiking out a risk-point (good thing we did J) on a problem we’re facing for a new SL app we’re releasing.  We’re required to both support globalization as well as support user’s editing those globalizations to supply us with updates. 

To that end, what I’ve got working is this: the RAB running in a web service floating up an ResourceSets (or something that can become a ResourceSet, actually) to my client RIA apps and some kinda kludgy checks to support change detection.  While the bug was in place, I’m circumventing with direct use of the Reader.  Would love to get back to doing things the “proper” way.

I know that EntLib, sans Unity, hasn’t been much in the support of RIA.  Do you know if there’s any chatter towards better supporting the use cases around it?

Mike

Ps – Curiosity, what was the actual issue?

Sent: Tuesday, June 08, 2010 9:29 AM
To: kiltsarebreezy@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: ReleaseAllResources() [entlibcontrib:213454]

Hi Mike,

Sorry for the delay in replying. I found the bug, fixed it and have published the fix as source code on the CodePlex site. I am sorry for this, I hope you will be able to get the fix up and running soon. If you need a signed .DLL signature instead then just let me know and I will send you one.

Cheers...

Stephen Phillips
http://sp.ewdev.com

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 21 May 2010 19:40
To: Stephen J. Phillips
Subject: ReleaseAllResources() [entlibcontrib:213454]

Hello,

I'm using the Resource block with the database adapter. I've done an update to the database, and when I go to obtain new resources, I'm getting the old, pre-update values.

I assume that this is because the resourcing system is caching them internally, so I tried calling ResourceManager.ReleaseAllResources(). However, this results in a null-pointer exception being thrown from System.Resources.ResourceManager.

Mike

Read the full discussion online <http://entlibcontrib.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=213454&ANCHOR#Post445969> .

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email ([email removed] <mailto:[email removed]?subject=[entlibcontrib:213454]> )

To start a new discussion for this project, email [email removed]

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings <https://entlibcontrib.codeplex.com/subscriptions/thread/project/edit> on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 9.0.819 / Virus Database: 271.1.1/2887 - Release Date: 05/21/10 07:26:00

This message is intended only for the use of the Addressee and may contain information that is PRIVILEGED and CONFIDENTIAL. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please erase all copies of the message and its attachments and notify us immediately. Whilst attachments are checked, neither the sender nor e-World Developments Ltd accept any liability in respect of any virus that has not been detected.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (entlibcontrib@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email entlibcontrib@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com