Database support

Topics: User Discussion
Dec 30, 2011 at 4:22 PM

Hello all,

I am beginning the learning curve with the Enterprise Library and the extensions this project offers.  I am writing an application which requires database agnostic handling of its data.  This being the case I am delighted to find the implementations for the various databases for the enterprise library.

In looking at the latest version there are only 2 of the 6(?) implementations from the previous version.  I am having all sorts of issues in trying to get the configurations and implementations of code correct, so taking a step back, I would like to first make sure I am able to use those providers from the previous version with the current version of the enterprise library (5.0.414.0).  If this is so, then my next question would be - what is the correct way to install / reference / use those DLLs.  They do not seem to show up in NuGet.

Thanks very much for your help.

Ed

Coordinator
Jan 2, 2012 at 2:02 PM

Hi Ed,

in fact as we speak, only Oracle and MySql are available in v5 (the other providers will be migrated if people ask for them explicitly).

To have more insight about how to configure those providers, please refer to the Quick Start projects in the source package.

Also, make sure to use EntLib 5.0.505.0 (and not 5.0.414.0). The official 5.0.505.0 assemblies can be downloaded through NuGet and were also included in the EntLibContrib bin packages. Note that only v5 contrib assemblies are available through NuGet.

Happy coding,

Jeremi

Jan 2, 2012 at 2:22 PM

Thanks very much Jeremi.  I appreciate the info.

Ed