Mapping Application Block 4.1

Feb 10, 2012 at 8:09 PM

Hi,

I am trying to employ this library for mapping datasource objects to custom business domain objects,

The very first problem: Can anyone point me to where I an find the related Dll files [I mean Mapping.dll...etc]

I have downloaded the 4.1 & 5.0 Contrib., but can not see any dll by that name under the bin.

Any help is appreciated

Thanks

Coordinator
Feb 11, 2012 at 10:42 AM

Hi MFCI,

The mapping block came after the last release of EntlibContrib v4.1 so the source and the dll’s are in source control only. If you download the latest source rather than the “download package” you will bet MAB. There should also be a strong named dll there too. Let me know if you have problems.

Cheers… ewdev

Sent: 10 February 2012 20:09
To: sp@ewdev.com
Subject: Mapping Application Block 4.1 [entlibcontrib:304619]

Hi,

I am trying to employ this library for mapping datasource objects to custom business domain objects,

The very first problem: Can anyone point me to where I an find the related Dll files [I mean Mapping.dll...etc]

I have downloaded the 4.1 & 5.0 Contrib., but can not see any dll by that name under the bin.

Any help is appreciated

Thanks

No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2012.0.1913 / Virus Database: 2112/4799 - Release Date: 02/09/12

Coordinator
Feb 11, 2012 at 10:49 AM

Hi MFCI,

I forgot to mention. Although the MAB can be used in isolation with any DataSet-based data scheme, it was specifically designed to work in conjunction with the QAB which deals with getting data from just about any data source (DB, web Service or XML etc) and converting to a dataset which is then manipulated by the MAB into a custom object. I have used this extensively in all of my projects to great effect. Tip: build your custom objects first, mark them with the appropriate “Mapper” and “Map” attributes and then use the MAB generator to generate all your mapping configuration automatically, It saves a whole lot of time.

Cheers… ewdev

Hi,

Any help is appreciated

Thanks

Feb 11, 2012 at 11:01 PM
so much,

Regards, M Honarmand

To: [email removed]
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2012 02:42:31 -0800
Subject: Re: Mapping Application Block 4.1 [entlibcontrib:304619]

Hi MFCI,

The mapping block came after the last release of EntlibContrib v4.1 so the source and the dll’s are in source control only. If you download the latest source rather than the “download package” you will bet MAB. There should also be a strong named dll there too. Let me know if you have problems.

Cheers… ewdev

Hi,
Any help is appreciated
Thanks

Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (entlibcontrib@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email entlibcontrib@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com
May 17, 2012 at 6:37 AM

Hi,

I've downloaded entlibcontrib latest source version 5.0.505, but didnt get MAB source as well as dll's, kindly advice..

Thanks in advance..

Coordinator
May 23, 2012 at 6:55 PM

Hi,

I am very sorry but QAB and MAB have not yet been upgraded to v5

Cheers… Steve Phillips

Sent: 17 May 2012 06:37
Subject: Re: Mapping Application Block 4.1 [entlibcontrib:304619]

Hi,

I've downloaded entlibcontrib latest source version 5.0.505, but didnt get MAB source as well as dll's, kindly advice..

Thanks in advance..

Version: 2012.0.2176 / Virus Database: 2425/5010 - Release Date: 05/19/12