Project Dead?

Mar 6, 2009 at 4:55 PM
Greetings, everyone!

Is this project dead? It hasn't been updated since 2007... if so, it's a pity, if not, is there a roadmap we can see?

Thanks,

Ricardo Peres
Coordinator
Mar 10, 2009 at 10:18 AM
Hi Ricardo,

No the projects is not dead, in fact I have an entire new block waiting to be added (Query Application Block QAB) and an upgrade for the Resource Application Block (RAB).  The problem is that these two blocks are now written using the Enterprise Library v4.1 core using VS2008 projects and the current source code in this project is still on the v3.1 core using VS2005 projects.  I am negotiating with the Microsoft owners to get the current source code bundled up into a final release for the v3.1 core and then I will upgrade the whole project to v4.1 and VS2008 projects.

Cheers...   Steve
Coordinator
Apr 21, 2009 at 11:00 PM
Hi Ricardo

As promised the upgraded Resource Application Block v4.1 and new Query Application Block v4.1 is now available from source code.  I have not documented the QAB yet which will take a couple of weeks at least but it will be done. For now there is a QuickStart to look at.

All the other contributions will appear in this new branch as and when I can contact the authors for permission/assistance.

Cheers...  Steve
Dec 14, 2011 at 3:57 AM

RAB application block still available for Entlib5? if posible where and how to get it?

Dec 14, 2011 at 4:49 AM

RAB application block still available for Entlib5? if posible where and how to get it?

Coordinator
Dec 14, 2011 at 2:06 PM

RAB hasn't been ported to v5 yet, mostly because there was no specific request for it. What is your timeframe?

Mar 29, 2012 at 4:06 AM

+1 vote for RAB