Resource Application Block for EntLib 4.1

Topics: Development Team Discussion
Apr 17, 2009 at 12:24 PM

Is there port of Resource Application Block for EntLib 4.1? If there is one, please, post it into Source Code section or send it to me (eshva_news@hotbox.ru). I tried to do it by myself but it seems that I should study EntLib architecture better. Anyway I haven't really time for it.

Thank you.

Coordinator
Apr 21, 2009 at 7:26 PM
Hi Eshva,

I have sent the code to you direct today as well as the new Query Access Block v4.1 to take a look at if you wish.  I cannot post it into source just yet because I need to make sure that the EntLib3.1 and VS2005 people can still use the existing code.

Cheers...   Steve
Coordinator
Apr 21, 2009 at 9:57 PM
As promised the upgraded Resource Application Block v4.1 and new Query Application Block v4.1 is now available from source code.  I have not documented the QAB yet which will take a couple of weeks at least but it will be done. For now there is a QuickStart to look at.

All the other contributions will appear in this new branch as and when I can contact the authors for permission/assistance.

Cheers...  Steve
Apr 22, 2009 at 8:12 AM
Edited Apr 23, 2009 at 7:43 AM

There is a little problem with tests that you can fix easily.

I am a russian and, of course use russian Windows. My default ANSI codepage is win-1251. Your tests assume using Latin codepage. So every test like GetGermanString are broken. It happens because your test .cs files saved in ANSI encoding. You need to save every .cs file containing localized strings as UTF-8 files.

That is.

Coordinator
Apr 22, 2009 at 4:57 PM
OK I will look into this.

Cheers...   Steve
Apr 28, 2009 at 11:39 AM
where could i download the lastest Resource Application Block? recently, our team tried to write a similar block, but the architecture seems couldn't stable as entlib.
or could u email me a copy to callwangxiang@sohu.com.

thx
Coordinator
Apr 29, 2009 at 10:03 PM
Simply go to Source Code and download the latest changeset.  Once downloaded the latest v4.1 core code is in the folder *EntLibContrib41Src*

Cheers...   Steve