Teradata Provider Contribution for DAAB

Topics: Development Team Discussion
Aug 7, 2014 at 10:35 PM
Hello,

I sent a couple notes on this topic to the entlibcontrib project coordinators but haven't received a response ... my apologies if folks are just busy. Posting this here in case my e-mails have somehow been going straight to the bit bucket.

I've put together a Teradata extension for the DAAB together with a test suite; I'd like to contribute this if the option exists. I need to know, however, whether the Contribution License Agreement required for contributions to the base library applies to provider extensions - if so, I have to get my company's legal department to sign before I can make the contribution. Could someone advise?

Also, I'd be most appreciate if someone could also provide guidance on the next steps. I have never attempted an open source contribution so I'm a little fuzzy on the procedure.

Thanks, Tom
Coordinator
Aug 9, 2014 at 2:37 PM
Hi kriewall,

first, thanks for your interest in the project. And sorry for the delay. Take note that the official EntLib team at Microsoft P&P have now a way to directly contribute to entlib.

Have a look @ https://entlib.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=ContributingCode.

If for any reason, your code change was could not make it. Contact me again in private and we'll see if it could end up in EntlibContrib instead. Note that due to vacation, I might not be able to respond until the end of August.

Cheers,

Jeremi