Enterprise Lib 3.1 Logging Application Block

Topics: Development Team Discussion, User Discussion
Oct 10, 2009 at 5:34 AM
Edited Oct 10, 2009 at 5:35 AM

There seems to be a bug w.r.t the implementation of RollingFlatFileTraceListener. Prior to calling the SafeMove method in the PerformRoll method , the respective writer class is closed . Now if in the SafeMove method , an exception other than IOException occurs , the writer remains in an uninitialized state .

So , Now after this if any call is made to perform Rolling of the Trace file, a NullRefernceException occurs as the writer being used is not intialized . And hence no further log files are generated .

I could not find this being fixed in Ent Lib 4.1 or any patch available for the same .

Kindly , help me sort the above issue or let me know if there is any patch available.

Thanks in Advance

Girija

Coordinator
Nov 23, 2009 at 7:21 PM

I will have a look at this in the EntLib 4.1 version.

Cheers...   Steve

Coordinator
Nov 30, 2009 at 9:31 PM

Hi Girija,

I have completed the Unit Testing for the EntLibContrib Logging Block v4.1 and fixed a few things with the RollingFlatFileTraceListener. I have modified the PerformRoll method to initialize the state of the writer no matter what Exception may occur in the SafeMove method.

Cheers... Steve

This message is intended only for the use of the Addressee and may contain information that is PRIVILEGED and CONFIDENTIAL. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please erase all copies of the message and its attachments and notify us immediately. Whilst attachments are checked, neither the sender nor e-World Developments Ltd accept any liability in respect of any virus that has not been detected.