This release of Enterprise Library Contrib is based on the Microsoft patterns & practices Enterprise Library 4.1 core and contains the following:
- TypeConfigurationElement<T> - A Polymorphic Configuration Element without having to be part of a PolymorphicConfigurationElementCollection.
- AnonymousConfigurationElement - A Configuration element that can be uniquely identified without having to define its name explicitly.
Data Access Application Block extensions
- DB2 Provider - IBM DB2 data provider for the Data Access Application Block.
- MySql Provider - MySql data provider for the Data Access Application Block.
- ODP.NET Provider - Oracle ODP.NET data provider for the Data Access Application Block.
- PostgreSQL Provider - PostgreSQL data provider for the Data Access Application Block.
- SQLite Provider - SQLite data provider for the Data Access Application Block.
- SqlEx Provider - This data provider extends the SqlDatabase provider included in the Data Access Application Block.
Exception Handling Application Block extensions
- SqlException Wrap Handler - Exception handler that will wrap a SqlException with different exceptions based on the SQL Server error code.
Logging Application Block extensions
- LogParser - Combines the benefits of the Enterprise Library Logging Application Block with the ability to deserialize from a human readable log text file all LogEntry objects back. This enables sophisticated log filter capabilities with LINQ on normal log files (.NET 2.0 and Orcas samples) with very few lines of code. The Log parser now includes a TimeStamp parser.
Policy Injection Application Block extensions
- PIAB Call Handlers
- CursorCallHandler: Temporarily changes the cursor while the next handler is being processed.
- OneWayCallHandler: Queues the call to the next handler on the ThreadPool
- SynchronizedCallHandler: Uses ISynchronizeInvoke to invoke the next handler
- ThreadSafeCallHandler: Synchronizes access to the next handler
- TransactionScopeCallHandler: Wraps the next handler with a TransactionScope
Query Application Block
- Query Application Block 4.1 - Next level of integration up from the DAAB providing a common interface for data stored in a DB, XML file or Web/WCF service. A full Application Block complete with configuration console designer, Unity support, group policy support and instrumentation.
Resource Application Block
- Resource Application Block 4.1 - A full Application Block of configurable providers for Globalization and Localization, complete with configuration console designer, Unity support, group policy support and instrumentation.
Validation Application Block extensions
- Designtime enhancements
- Other extensions
- DefaultValidators: The DefaultValidators class provides pre-allocated validators. Use them instead of instantiating new ones every time you need common validators.
- ArgumentValidation: Validate pre/post conditions of method calls.